Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Adobe Lightroom: My New Best Friend.




Nowadays everyone seems to have an opinion on digital photography, digital cameras, and software programs like PhotoShop and LightRoom... and the consensus from a lot of people is, "Nowadays anyone can be a great photographer." They say it like it's this lost art and almost like it's a sad thing that just about anyone can take a great picture. I kind of tend to disagree with this. Why isn't it an amazing thing that people are wanting to capture beautiful moments and memories? Photography is an art form and art is a way to appreciate the beauty that is around us (that a lot of people take for granted), so in my opinion, the more photographers the merrier. 

That being said, I have been a lover of PhotoShop ever since one fateful class in art school. I have gotten pretty good at it over the years, but when it came to tweaking digital photos I was never too happy with my skills. Then last week I discovered LightRoom. Maybe I live under a rock. Maybe it's because I am still pretty amateur when it comes to digital photography and the fun toys surrounding it. I dunno. But for the past week, I have been Lightrooming my ass off. Into the wee hours of the night, I tell myself, "Just one more photo." Then when I thought that was great, I discovered that you can download presets online... for free. Definitely still getting the hang of it, but I foresee a fabulous relationship between us in the future. I can't wait to print some of this stuff out and collage the hell out of it. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment