Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Beard-Green Cemetery

So I have a not-so-secret love for cemeteries. I have blogged about it before HERE. There's just something about them that is so... grounding. Absolutely no pun intended. Last summer when I visited Dawes Arboratum, I stumbled upon the Beard-Green Cemetery and was enthralled. Many of the graves are so old that any and all lettering has completely worn away. The cemetery is the final resting spot for the first settling families of Licking County (yes that is the name of the county and oh yes do I absolutely still giggle about it) and it's just an all-around cool place.

Upon reviewing my photos last summer, I noticed something pretty strange in one of them:


In the upper right corner, clearly behind the trees, it looks like (to my fantastical mind anyway) a pair of ghost legs! Here is the same photo zoomed in a little:


Now, I don't know what it is. It's weird, it's kind of cool, it really intrigued me. 

So when I visited Dawes last week, I made it a point to stop back at Beard-Green and took one million photos. Much to my dismay, I didn't notice anything other-worldly. Aside from the quiet beauty that is just resonating from the place. Here is a little photo tour:





















2 comments:

  1. Cool Photos!
    I like the rusted iron, best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos!
    I absolutely love old cemeteries...especially this time of year. You captured this one so beautifully.
    xo

    ReplyDelete