Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The End of a Season.


I see the seasons in a really weird way. I feel like it is either always winter or always summer. Spring and fall always seem to fly by so quickly, which sucks sometimes because fall is my favorite season. But I feel like it is cold for so so long, then it starts to warm up, then bam! It's summer. Same with fall. Summer starts to wind down and then I blink my eyes and here we are in the middle of November. I pulled all of my flowers out today, which is always a pretty significant moment, marking the end of a season. I feel like it was just yesterday that I feverishly planted them and normally I get so incredibly sad when it comes time to pull them out. It's kind of dumb, really. But this time, all I kept thinking about is where I want to be when I plant next summer's flowers. If all goes as planned, I will be in a pretty amazing place. I will not get the winter blues after the holiday season ends this year. Instead, this time will be used to work my ass off and accomplish the things on my lengthy list, so that when spring rolls in, I will be ready, I will be there. And I hope against all hope that this coming summer will be like a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment