Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hiding From the Heat!

The kitties still enjoy the sun from inside the air conditioning...



I feel like I am snowed in or something. Except heated in. It's almost 104 degrees in Columbus and it's only 1pm. It's too hot to even go to the pool. I tried to take my art journal outside for a little photoshoot and only lasted two pictures, so I came inside and started shooting random things.





I still need to figure out if and how to fix the binding, which has completely come apart. It is duct taped on one side, but if I do that to the other side it will cover up the first page, which I don't want to do. Here are some more of my favorite things:

I love glitter and use it obsessively frequently.


My parents are high school sweethearts and I LOVE having old pictures of them... that blue dress is one of my mom's prom dresses!



I made a terrarium in an old gumball machine with some moss and things I collected from last weekend's little trip. I got it a little too wet which is why it's all fogged up, but I kind of like it that way.

Creepy storm clouds from earlier this week... I am afraid of thunderstorms (so lame, I know) but wish we would get one today to give us a break from this heat!

I am going to use this as a great excuse to hide inside and make some new art that I have been wanting to do for oh, four months or so now. I also have a coupon for a free large pizza from Papa John's, which is going to come in very handy. Hope everyone is finding fun ways to stay cool :)




4 comments:

  1. I was about to go to bed when I saw your chubby cat sunbathing!. Awww I would tickle it's tummy if I'm near LOL. Lovely journals, it gets soooo thick. I can't keep mine too thick without damaging the seams, so I always have to keep them skinny :). Good nite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, that is the only place she likes to be pet! She's a strange kitty :)

      Delete
  2. You have a beautiful blog, here. Wonderful shots of your artistic creations. Thank you for a peek into the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best way to enjoy the sun, lol! I like your opulent journal pages.

    ReplyDelete