Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Days 17 & 18

Wow... it has been a busy weekend. I honestly have not yet started on today's work! It's 12:39am, to technically it's Day 20... whoops :)

BUT, lots of great things have happened. I joined a gym. My will to go running every day has been severely dampened by colder weather (although it was 65 today!!). I am an admitted fair-weather runner. Therefore if it's not early spring or late fall, chances that I actually make it on a run are pretty pitiful. If I am paying for a gym membership (which I probably can't afford, but the gym I joined is only $21 a month... check out Planet Fitness if you are looking for a cheap but non-ghetto gym) then that might be better motivation to actually go. Due to my ramen noodle 100% carbs all day every day diet, my pants have tightened up a bit. Sweet. Hopefully a few weeks at the gym can remedy that issue... since I also cannot afford new pants.

Since it was beautiful outside today, the decision was made to finally pull up all my flowers. This year was a little different though... because last year after my flowers were pulled out, I created this art journal page spread:


It's kind of hard to read, but in the green part at the bottom it says, "I always get so sad when the time comes to pull out my flowers for the season... But today all I could think about was where I'll be when I plant next seasons!" At this time last year, I was already planning on quitting my day job. Wasn't exactly sure how it was going to happen, but I knew that art would make a way. June 1 was the date I had initially made my cutoff date. A summer off sounded lovely :) Of course then life happened, things got delayed, and when I was planting my flowers in May I kept telling myself, "When these babies come out of the ground, my job will no longer be sitting behind a desk for 8 hours a day, fielding complaints, getting bitched at, feeling unsuccessful and stuck... but my job would be sitting in my studio, flourishing. 

So I got a bit emotional today, and did a lot of random smiling too, while I got my garden ready for the winter. While the money definitely is far from flourishing, the art is. I'm going to another interview tomorrow, this time at a really cool Irish pub that is a ten minute walk from my house and in a very safe and nice part of downtown Columbus. My fingers are crossed about this one, something feels right about it. 

Anyway, enough rambling. I need to wrap this up so I can get to work. Here are days 17 and 18....

Day 17

Day 18

Again with the fanciful/embellished/pretty stuff. People can say what they want. I love it all. Give me flowers and lace and jewels any day; that stuff will never disappear from my artwork. Tonight's work will probably look fairly similar, as I have a pile of "leftovers" from the past few days that are begging to be brought to life. Hope everyone had a beautiful weekend, happy Veterans Day to those who have served, and here is to another amazing week of doing our thing, whatever that may be :)






No comments:

Post a Comment